Yorg (Yorg’s an Open Racing Game) is a free open source racing game developed by Ya2 using Panda3D for Windows, OSX and Linux.
- third person visual perspective;
- 8 different pilots;
- 4 different cars (more to come);
- 2 different tracks (more to come);
- AI (very base one at the moment, on release 0.7 a more complex one);
- power-ups (planned for release 0.6);
- weapons (planned for release 0.6);
- championship (planned for release 0.8);
- multiplayer (planned for release 0.9);
Yorg is FLOSS: the code of the game is released under GPLv3. Ya2’s art assets are released under CC BY-SA.
We apply Continuous Integration in our development. This means that you can play a new build of the game as soon as we do anything. Look at here to pick a build (for now there are only “source” builds).
The team is currently composed of Flavio Calva, Luca Quartero, Jeff Skyrunner, Jay Bachelor and Dario Murgia. (more info here).
You can download Yorg’s development builds (unstable) from here.