Yorg (Yorg's an Open Racing Game) is a free open source racing game developed by Ya2 using Panda3D for Windows, OSX and Linux.
- third person visual perspective;
- 8 different pilots;
- 7 different cars (more to come);
- 4 different tracks (more to come);
- championship (planned for release 0.8);
- multiplayer (planned for release 0.9);
- joypad support, particle effects and several performance improvements will be published as soon as Panda3D 1.10 will be released.
Yorg is FLOSS: the code of the game is released under GPLv3. Ya2's art assets are released under CC BY-SA. Project's source are here.
"It all looks very well made; anyone looking for some arcady action racing should give this a try!" (Free Game News)
"It is precisely this arcade fun the one that offers us this title." (Jugando En Linux)
"The whole reminds a bit the recently released Micro Machines World Series." (Holarse)
Download from GameJolt
Download from itch.io
Download from IndieDB
Note: disable shaders and reduce cars' number in order to play on slower machines.
System requirements: 2 GB RAM, 1 GB HD.
We apply Continuous Delivery in our development. This means that you can play a new build of the game as soon as we do anything. Look at here to pick a development/unstable build.
The development team is currently composed of Flavio Calva and Luca Quartero. Moreover, Jeff Skyrunner, Jay Bachelor and Dario Murgia are precious collaborators. (more info here).
Please, consider supporting us!